Trek Rail 7 2021 is a long-travel electric mountain bike built for ripping the big stuff. It features the same high-end trail tech as our analogue trail bikes, an upgraded fork, drivetrain, battery and more, plus a powerful new Bosch drive system that’s basically like having your own shuttle.
It’s right for you if…
You’re looking for a trail-specific e-MTB that’s designed to tackle the same tough terrain as regular trail bikes. You already know just how amazing e-MTBs are on the mountain, and want to invest in better components.
The tech you get
A burly alloy frame with 150 mm of rear travel that fully encases a 625 Wh battery, a 160 mm RockShox Yari RC fork, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250 W motor that assists up to 25 km/h and a Purion controller. A smooth-shifting 1×12 Shimano SLX/XT drive train, dropper post, powerful Shimano 4-piston brakes for confident descents and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels that are already completely tubeless-ready, including sealant.
The final word
The Rail 7 features loads of upgraded parts, including the drive train, fork and wheels. But the biggest deal is that it comes with the longest-range Bosch battery you can get. That means more runs and more fun.
Why you’ll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedalling, and has less drag when you’re not
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain – no shuttle or lift necessary
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- Trek’s Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
Take a look at the full range of Trek Rail’s here
Trek Rail 2021